54th Economic Conference
Die Zukunft der Demokratie angesichts herausfordernder Autokratien
- Paul Frijters: «Autocracy rising. How to mobilise markets and citizens to rise to the challenge»
- Kaspar Villiger: «Demokratie und Rechtsstaat im Lichte einer neuen Weltordnung»
- Liberale misstrauen der Gewissheit 29.11.2022
- Ein Kränzlein für den Zufall 15.11.2022
- Diversität, nicht Beliebigkeit 01.11.2022
- «Demokratie und Rechtsstaat im Lichte einer neuen Weltordnung» 24.10.2022
- «Autocracy rising. How to mobilise markets and citizens to rise to the challenge» 24.10.2022
[These and other posts…]
Switzerland has a future. On the positive power of individuality
About the book by Gerhard Schwarz
by Marianne und Werner Wüthrich
The liberal economist Gerhard Schwarz, for many years economics editor of the “Neue Zürcher Zeitung” and for several years managing director of the think tank Avenir Suisse, has written an excellent book about Switzerland in generally understandable language. It is an example of how identification with the Swiss model is characteristic of the vast majority of the population, regardless of political persuasion.
Social progress and liberty are closely inter-linked. Where there is no liberty to inquire and investigate, there can be no economic or social innovation. Liberty allows a society to be open-minded, to embrace change and to progress.
In this spirit, the Progress Foundation promotes the development and spread of classical liberal ideas. The foundation supports scientific research into human progress, identifying beneficial and detrimental influences to civilization and offering these insights to the public. To achieve this, the Progress Foundation organizes seminars and conferences and issues publications. In these and other activities, the foundation cooperates with qualified academics.
The Progress Foundation is a nonprofit foundation under Swiss law and is politically, economically and ideologically independent.
As a sponsor or supporter, you help us to develop classical liberal values and promote them with special events and publications.
- A publication of your choice from our book list as a welcome gift.
- Advance invitations to our Economic Conferences that guarantee you a seat.
- A complimentary copy of each new publication.